cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can Call Handlers in Cisco Unity have multiple extensions?

I have a case where I am replacing an old phone system which had several DID numbers and outside lines.  These lines are being rolled over to a PRI which connects into my Cisco Unified CM and Cisco Unity systems.  I want all of these numbers to ring into a single Call Handler.  But I see no method of adding multiple or alternate extensions to a Call Handler, like you can do on a voice mailbox.

Does anyone know how I might tackle this?

I tried creating a directory number on the CM side of things, that just does a call forward to the call handler extension.  But when you ring that extension, instead of getting the call handler you get the generic Cisco Unity tree.  So it gets to the Unity System, but then it's trying to match it to a mailbox instead of a call handler - and so it fails.  :-(

Thanks folks,

-Steve Ballantyne

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Steve,

Hahaha! I was just getting ready to answer your query here.

In this case I actually prefer another method as the "Use last...." config

may have other consequences here. But if it works for you that's cool as well

I would create CTI-RP's on CUCM for all the virtual routed numbers and use

the VM profile I referenced to David here in the previous thread we were both working on.

So, let's say you want to route 4455 (virtual) to the 6555 Call Handler. Create a CTI-RP

for 4455 and apply as follows;

You  could create a Voicemail Profile in CUCM called "6555 Transfer  or  whatever"  which points to DN 6555 (**Voicemail Box Mask = 6555).

Apply this new  profile to 4455 (under DN config page VM-Profile) and   when calls route  through 4455 and forward to voicemail they will   receive the 6555 Call Handler Greeting etc.

Cheers!

Rob

"go easy...step lightly...stay free " 

- The Clash

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hey, I fixed it.  It turns out that I needed to check a buried away option in Unity called "Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call".

Thanks rob.huffman!  Here is the original post that put me on the right track:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3133451#3133451

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Steve,

Hahaha! I was just getting ready to answer your query here.

In this case I actually prefer another method as the "Use last...." config

may have other consequences here. But if it works for you that's cool as well

I would create CTI-RP's on CUCM for all the virtual routed numbers and use

the VM profile I referenced to David here in the previous thread we were both working on.

So, let's say you want to route 4455 (virtual) to the 6555 Call Handler. Create a CTI-RP

for 4455 and apply as follows;

You  could create a Voicemail Profile in CUCM called "6555 Transfer  or  whatever"  which points to DN 6555 (**Voicemail Box Mask = 6555).

Apply this new  profile to 4455 (under DN config page VM-Profile) and   when calls route  through 4455 and forward to voicemail they will   receive the 6555 Call Handler Greeting etc.

Cheers!

Rob

"go easy...step lightly...stay free " 

- The Clash

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: