Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can Cisco Jabber be used as a relacement for Cisco IP Communicator

I have users in a call center environment that currently use CIPC softphones for their functionality.  Looking at the future and I see that CIPC is no longer supported after 2021, will Jabber be the replacement product.

Can the current version of Jabber be configured in call manager as a softphone similar to CIPC?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Nashaatmusa
Level 1
Level 1

Not that much to reference, if you know how to setup multiple lines on a desk phone you'd know how to set it up on a CSF.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

The answer to that question is it depends. Jabber can be used as a soft phone client in a contact centre with multiple lines, depending on the version of the CM and Jabber. If you use a version of CM that support multiple lines for Jabber CSF and have a version of Jabber that support it you can use Jabber as a contact centre agent device. However if your setup depends on extension mobility it will not work as Jabber doesn’t support adding subscribed services and as such would not have the option for EM login. With this you would be left with offering the CC agent to only use Jabber as their phone device.

Response Signature

Thanks Roger for your more detailed info.  I'm running version 12.5 and I assume it will likely support multiple lines for Jabber CSF, although I've not set this up yet.  Do you know of any good references for setting this up.

Thanks,

Not that much to reference, if you know how to setup multiple lines on a desk phone you'd know how to set it up on a CSF.

Response Signature

Got it.  Shouldn't be any big deal then, I've just not set it up before.

Nashaatmusa
Level 1
Level 1
Yes its a replacment.

check this document : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/ip-communicator/eol-notice-c51-740383.html#Productmigrationoptions

i have lots of customer using jabber instead of CIPC

Thanks for the link.  Confirms my question.