cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can CLICK TO CALL 8.0.1 run cleanly in Outlook 2007?

phretbored
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed CLICK TO CALL 8.0.1 for several users as a test and we are running it with Office 2007.

It crashes and has errors pretty much for everybody but only with Outlook 2007.

CLICK TO CALL inside the other MSFT products seems to work error free and in the browser it seem to work fine as well.

The errors cause the CLICK TO CALL ADD ON to be disabled in Outlook 2007 and even if the ADD ON is enabled again it eventually crashes.

Some other errors seem to happen occasionally as well but they don't seem to cause any problems with CLICK TO CALL performance.

The main bug is with the Outlook ADD ON crashing.

2 Replies 2

Craig Cooper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of Windows is being used?   There have been a few issues resolved, such as CSCtj90662, and you might be best contacting TAC for the latest ES.

Kind regards,

Craig

Craig,

Thansk for the reply and the link to the bug info.

It looks like the bug is said to be fixed in release pending...so whenever a new version of CLICK TO CALL is available I can test that out.

In the meantime I will contact TAC and see about a possible ES as you suggested.

We are having CLICK TO CALL problems with WIN XP and WIN 7 32 BIT and all machines have OUTLOOK 2007.

As a side note one of our employees has reported no problems with CLICK TO CALL 8.0.1 so far but he is running WIN 7 64 BIT and also OUTLOOK 2010 so I am not sure if the OS is more stable or OUTLOOK is more stable.

But OUTLOOK seems to be the problem area at least in our experience since CLICK TO CALL only fails for the OUTLOOK piece but works fine otherwise.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: