cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I use unactivated LIC-CM-DL-500= DLUs in CUCM 8.0?

igor.good
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! I have unactivated&unused LIC-CM-DL-500= PAK that was bought for CUCM 6.1. The CUCM 6.1 was changed by CUCM 8.0.(3a). I know that this version is still in fact based on DLUs and I want to use those DLUs on CUCM 8.0(3a). Can I do that? My CUCM is installed on VMware so what MAC-address do I use to register DLUs? Is it a hardware address or license MAC?

1 Reply 1

Jeffrey Ness
Level 1
Level 1

DLUs are generally not version specific, but there is a version number in the LIC file.  Recent ones I've activated are showing 7.0 and 7.1 so you should be fine (and if you do have an issue you could contact licensing@cisco.com to fix it).  When you do the activation of the PAK you will need to mark the box for VM and provide the License MAC (always the license MAC shown in show status from the SSH CLI on CUCM (and any of the other Linux based Unified Communications products) as it reflects the hardware MAC if physical or the licensing MAC if virtual but is what the license file will be checked against).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: