cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can not sign in to Unity when Notification device is a phone

Jeremy Pringle
Level 4
Level 4

I am using Unity 4.0(4) SR1 with VM Only.

When I setup a notification to call one of the phone devices (Home Phone, Work Phone, Phone 2-6, etc) I can not sign in to Unity to hear the messages. I have to hang up and call back in. When my phone rings, I answer it and the message states "To check new messages, enter your ID now" but when I try to enter my extension, the DTMF tones appear to be ignored. After unity plays through the message twice, it just hangs up on you.

The Unity call is going out a local 1760 H.323 gateway with FXO ports.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks,

Jeremy

3 Replies 3

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure the outbound call is matching a dialpeer that has dtmf relay enabled. This link might help out...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a0080094607.shtml

Thank you. Adding the dial-peer that matched my VM ports and adding the "dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric" statment fixed the problem.

On seperate but related problem, is there a way to make Unity wait until the call is answered before it begins playing the message? Right now, when you answer the phone that is the notification device, the Unity message has already started playing so you hear it from the middle which might be confusing to some users. I have the "Try to detect connection" box checked. Someone once told me that it could not detect the connection state through an FXO port but i find that hard to believe since every other phone/vm system I have worked with did not have a problem with this.

Thanks again!

When Unity does "Try to detect connection" it simply looks for the Skinny Connected call state from CCM. Unity does not do any Voice Activity Detection, this would need to happen on the gateway (with legacy integrations it happens on the Dialogic cards). Most likely, CCM is reporting the call as connected as soon as the leg between Unity and the gateway is established.

You might be able to get some improvement by adding a second or two pause after Unity dials the Notification device. This is done by adding one or more commas to the end of the dialstring.

Regards,

Eric