cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't Import One Particular Exchange User

mmihalas
Level 1
Level 1

We have imported lots of Exchange users into Unity but one particular user will not show up in either the Unity Exchange import or in Bulk Import Exchange. I have done a thorough stare and compare to other users in AD that are in the same container and that show up fine, and have found no differences. I have run DBWalker and found no errors, and verified that the user is not already a subscriber in Unity. Any suggestions on what to try next?

Thanks,

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First, Unity version and config info would be helpfull here. I'm assuming you're on AD with a Unity 4.0(x) build - if not, let us know.

They are likely stamped as a Unity user already - I'm assuming this is AD (i.e. not Exchange 5.5) - it's the ciscoECSBULocationObjectID property that is used for this tag.

You can clean this using the global subscriber manager which you'll find in the Tools Depot on the desktop. If you right click on the Unity server and select to import users you can then navigate through your AD trees to find the user - all users will show up regardless of if they're subscribers or not. Find this user and if you right click on them I'm betting the option you'll get will be to clean the user, not import them (indicating they've been stamped as a user). you can clean them and then you can import them and you should be good to go.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First, Unity version and config info would be helpfull here. I'm assuming you're on AD with a Unity 4.0(x) build - if not, let us know.

They are likely stamped as a Unity user already - I'm assuming this is AD (i.e. not Exchange 5.5) - it's the ciscoECSBULocationObjectID property that is used for this tag.

You can clean this using the global subscriber manager which you'll find in the Tools Depot on the desktop. If you right click on the Unity server and select to import users you can then navigate through your AD trees to find the user - all users will show up regardless of if they're subscribers or not. Find this user and if you right click on them I'm betting the option you'll get will be to clean the user, not import them (indicating they've been stamped as a user). you can clean them and then you can import them and you should be good to go.

Jeff,

That fixed it! Much appreciated....

Thanks,

Mike

What if it shows up as import user and it still does not show up??