cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't open viewmail and SA/AA page

jeman85
Level 1
Level 1

We have a 3.1.3 Unity box integrated to a CallManager 3.1.4b and Exchange 2000. We are not able to open our Viewmail

and are getting the error .....

" The account used to log onto the Windows is not associated with a subscriber. To use the telephone

you must be logged into the account associated with your susbscriber account" .

Also when we open the SA page we get an error saying ....

"Access denied

Your Windows Domain Account [my_domain\unity_install] is not associated with a Unity Subscriber.

You cannot access the Unity System Administration web pages. Please see your system administrator for more details. "

Isn't that by default , the Unity installation account can be used as an administration account unless you modify or specify it?

Is there anyway to check where I went wrong if ever this is just an account problem. Please advise.

Please help .

Regards,

jeman85

6 Replies 6

jeman85
Level 1
Level 1

Additional info...

I did some researching and I was wondering if the IIS service has someting to do with the Admin page inaccesibility issue ?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a008011878a.html#46133

Need some more details here:

Outlook version?

VMO version?

Windows version?

What account are you using to log in to the PC running Outlook/VMO?

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have run into this situation before with the SaWeb. Try the solution in this doc:

Unable to Access Cisco Unity SA or AA Web Pages

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a00801651f9.shtml

H. M.

Sounds like CSCdx31189, especially if he's running 3.1.3.

A restart of the AvsGatewat did the trick, I wonder why?

Thanks.

That's the workaround for CSCdx31189. Per the release notes:

Symptom: Users are unable to open SA and an error is displayed that the subscriber's account is not associated with a Unity subscriber account

Conditions:

known cause #1: this can happen is when Unity looses network connection to the DC or GC that it is connected to. The same behavior will be observed if Unity looses network connection with a domain controller in an NT domain.

known cause #2: the AvCsMgr process stops for some reason. To regain SA access, it is not sufficient to just restart AvCsMgr. You must stop AvCsGateway process, then restart AvCsGateway (which will kick off AvCsMgr). That will regain SA access.

Workaround: Stop Unity from the tray icon. Stop AvCsGateway service from the services control panel and restart the service. Unity should start. Ensure that all Unity services have restarted and then access SA

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: