cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can voice mails be saved to a PC and retrieved later?

On Unity 4.2.1, and Exchange 2003 off box, voice mail only, is it possible to save the voice mail messages to a PC and then retrieve them later from that PC?

Or, is it possible to retrieve voice mail messages from a backup?

Also, Do the deleted messages get backed up during an Exchange backup?

Thanks.

The object is to save voice mail messages, current, deleted and sent, to a backup and have the ability to go in to listen to those messages at a later date.

3 Replies 3

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

you can do anything with voicemail that you can do with email.

yes anything that is backup in exchange is backed up.

save to a pc and the retrive from that pc, unified is easy to do that from outlook, you are vm only so I am not sure how. Exchnage Exmerge might be able to save the messages to a pst file.

Randy

DiRT backs up the messages as PST files for individual subscribers. Is there an application (Outlook?)that I could use to access the messages and listen to them?

I haven't used Exchange ExMerge. Is there a document or link for that? Thanks.

DiRT just uses MS exmerge to save them as a PST. Yes you can use Outlook to view them.

However, do not install outlook on the Unity server. If you install on a workstation that might be considered Unified messaging.

Your call it works.

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: