cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we change the UCCX server from single node to the first node without affecting it's configurations

waqas0612147
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Firstly I was using the single CUCM7.0 server with the single UCCX 7.0 server. Now I am going to add the second CUCM and UCCX in the cluster. I was first configured the UCCX server as a single node. Now I have to configure this as a first node. How I could configure this from single node to the first node without affecting it's configurations..??????

Regards

Ali Raza

26 Replies 26

Hi

Which server are you logging into? It looks like that one is already aware of CCM/AXL, so perhaps that is your primary node?

Administrator/ciscocisco can only be used for the initial login after setup, or if you have reset the installation to FRESH_INSTALL state.

Also note that it has to be Administrator, not administrator.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Now I login to second node with the username:Administrator and Password:ciscocisco. But the problem now I am facing is when I do the add to cluster and run setup. After this in the cluster configuration page. I enter the IP address of first node and login username and password of first node. But it dispaly this message.

"Add of the cluster is failed. Because user not found exception. Please try again with correct entries."

I alrady made Imhosts file on both servers and do the require changes on hosts and Imhosts files of both servers.

Regards

Ali Raza

Hi

Process is like this:

Log on to NEW node with Administrator ciscocisco

When prompted for first node, put in first node IP, and the user that you normally log in to AppAdmin with on the first node (e.g. crsadmin, or whatever you configured - this is an end user in CCM End Users, not the local administrator password on the first box).

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Now I try to login with end user login and password which I use for Appadmin but now it is showing this message.

Add cluster is failed becuase of cluster Exception invalid AdminPwd: localNode=cisco123,remote node=cisco

Regards

Ali Raza

And do you have the same Windows Amin password on both servers?

Yes I have

Hi Aaron,

I have the same login username and password of both servers. But the end user password and username is different. Can I change the both these servers login password to the Appadmin end user password.

Regards

Ali Raza

Hi

You are doing this a very difficult way my friend!

You have an end user account that is used to administer the UCCX cluster.

You already user this account to log on to the primary server.

When you add the secondary server, it has to be able to authenticate to the primary server. It does this by you entering the existing end user account that is already set up as an Administrator in the UCCX cluster. You can't just pick any random end user account and put that in, as it won't be recognised.

Use the account that you can log on to AppAdmin on the first node when you are adding the second node.

To summarise:

1) Make sure the WIndows Administrator username and password is the same

2) Use the AppAdmin administrator username and password from the first node when you are adding the second node.

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

I am using the end user that I use for the login of first node. But it's not working.It's displaying the error message that I already mention. Windows Administrator username and password is the same

Regards

Ali Raza

Hi

Can you explain what you mean by this:

But the end user password and username is different. Can I change the both these servers login password to the Appadmin end user password

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

It's mean the user which I am using to access the first node GUI has different password than the login administrator passwords of both servers. So I am asking from you if we change the adminstrator password of both server as per the password of end user which I am using to access the first node GUI will solve the problem or not?

Regards

Ali Raza

Ahmed Khalefa
Level 1
Level 1

Simple solution ..

- Just use the CetTool.bat in the folder : C:\Program Files\wfavvid\

- A pop-up windows will be opened .

- Click on "com.cisco.crs.cluster.config.AppAdminSetupConfig"

- Double click on the configuration in the right-hand panel.

- In the menu select the tab com.cisco.crs.cluster.config.AppAdminSetupConfig

- Change the Setup State to "Fresh_Install".

- Then Restart the Node Manager Service from Windows Services .

- Login with : Administrator , ciscocisco

- Choose : First Node .

- All Configuration will not be Changed by any mean .

Hope this could help .