cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we use one MGCP gateway between two CallManagers (Two different clusters)

Hi,

I have a new requirement, i have one CUCM with 6.1 which has one 2800 MGCP gateway registered for PSTN dialing. I have one more CUCM with 8.6 and i want the user who are in to CUCM 8.6 to use MGCP gateway which is registered in 6.1 for PSTN calling (STD,ISD and Local).

Please let me know how to achieve this, if any one has this requirement configured, i request to share the step by step document to get this thing done.

Regards

MAC

Regards MAC
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Correct, convert MGCP to h323 or sip.

Other option is to integrate clusters with ICT or Sip trunk and route calls via it.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You cannot register the same MGCP GW with multiple options, here are your options to achive your requirement:

1. switch to H323 or SIP, which can be shared between multiple clusters

2. Route the call through intercluster trunk to the other cluster.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Hi Chris,

Tanks for you inputs, i just wanted to know when you say switch to H323 or SIP, does it mean that i have to convert my MGCP as H323 gateway? It is a long process i believe. Is there no other way to achieve this using MGCP?

Can't we really route the calls from one publisher to other publisher which has gateway registered in to it and forward my call to the gateway?

Regards

MAC

Regards MAC

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Correct, convert MGCP to h323 or sip.

Other option is to integrate clusters with ICT or Sip trunk and route calls via it.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Chris,

Thank you so much for your quick response, i have integreated my clusters with SIP trunk but i don't know how to route the calls via it.

I have done the below config but didn't work,

1. Added SIP trunk in CUCM 8.6 with destination address of CUCM 6.1 and vice versa, i am able make a call between both the cluster successfully

2. In CUCM 8.6 i have added a route pattern with prefix 9.!# with PSTN partition (for PSTN dialing) and same route pattern is added on CUCM 6.1 for PSTN dialing.

I think my calls from CUCM 8.6 are not forwarded to the gateway, i think i am missing some configuration, please help me to make this achieve

Regards

MAC

Regards MAC

If you already have a sip trunk it all comes down to the inbound CSS, significant digits and digit manipulation.

Simply said, make sure that the digits you send across the sip trunk match the route patterns on the other side.

Depending on dialing habits or know you tell your users to dial you might need to strip or prefix what they dial, but that's entirely up to you and your dial plan

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

I have added ICT trunk routed the calls through it, it is working fine now. Thank you all for valuable inputs.

yes Inbound CSS also helpful

Regards

Asif C Y

Regards MAC