cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can you recommend good CDR management/query tool for CUCM 6.x/7.x ?

k1tesurfer
Level 1
Level 1

Built-in CDR Analysis and Reporting tool is nice, but I need to keep CDR files for more than several months.

Do you know about any freeeware programs running on Windows, which will grap CDR files and dump them into SQL server and then use some sort of web access to make queries.

I don't need to run any reports, but it would be nice to have such option.

The main concern - it has to be free of charge

Thanks for you answers!

5 Replies 5

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

I haven't investigated any freeware programs that do this, but be sure any application you investigate does NOT install anything on your CUCM servers. If you change your mind on considering a purchased solution, I really like the Avotus call accounting application and have personal experience with its predecessor, MDR SwitchView with CallManager.  This is one of those products that exemplify "you get what you pay for".  Since I'm throwing my opinion in here, you may also want to consider an application that captures your CUCM CMR traffic data.  It can be very useful to gather statistics on:

• Quality of Service (QoS) metrics – per individual call
  • Jitter value for specified endpoints
  • Latency value for specified endpoints
  • Number of packets sent, received and lost

Regards, Ginger

Chris Lee
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry, but not open source or freeware...

Info is exportable to CSV format so you can sort or search for specific call patterns...see attached CSV examples...

Chris Lee - what is the name of that software?

HumanTorch
Level 5
Level 5

Have you tried http://www.cdr-stats.org

it's completely free and open source.

They say they support Cisco out of the box. It runs on a linux machine, I haven't installed it as I couldn't find any guide on how to make it work with CUCM, I'm no Linux expert.

But the graphs and charts seem like the best I've seen, better than all the paid software out there!

YouTube

VoIP Engineer
Level 1
Level 1

Another good option is VoIP Detective.  There is both a free and a paid version, and it does a great job parsing Cisco CDRs and CMRs.  You can get it at www.VoIPDetective.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: