Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot access CUE from CME

antoine
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know why I can't access the CUE from the CME via command

"service-module service-Engine 3/0 session" ? I just see the router indicating "Trying 172.17.29.1, 2194 ... Open " and stuck right there. We have a Cisco 3845 as a CME and CUE installed in slot 3.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do a 'service-mod service-eng 3/0 status' and make sure it's in a steady state. When you do the 'serv serv 3/0 session' command, you can try pressing control-c; it's possible that the last person did something like 'show trace buffer tail' or something that requires a control-c to interrupt. Otherwise, it's possible that something is configured in the line configuration in the router to block this or something.

Here is the status of the module:

"

3845-Coppell#service-module service-Engine 3/0 stat

Service Module is Cisco Service-Engine3/0

Service Module supports session via TTY line 194

Service Module is in Steady state

Getting status from the Service Module, please wait..

cisco service engine 1.1

3845-Coppell#service-module service-Engine 3/0 ses

Trying 172.17.29.1, 2194 ... Open

"

I tried to hit control-c but it didn't do any thing. I had to telnet to the router again and clear line 194 to disconnect the tty session to the CUE.

Here is the line config:

"

line 194

no activation-character

no exec

transport preferred none

transport input all

transport output all

"

That is very strange. If you can, you might want to just do a 'serv sev 3/0 reload' then a 'serv serv 3/0 session' to get in and watch the bootup sequence. You might want to capture the sequence to see if you get the CLI then. It sounds like the process that runs the CLI is not running, or else there may be a resource issue (low memory or something) on CUE.

cnarvaez
Level 1
Level 1

I experimented the same issue. From the CME I could not access to the CUE through CLI, in spite of I had access to the GUI Administration page of the CUE.

It looks like a BUG of the 12.4 IOS versions, I downloaded to 12.3T and the problem went away. with access to the CUE you can work in the installation of the software, after that if you want can upgrade to 12.4 again.

Christian