Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot associate an ephone-dn with a FXO port

juan.astudillo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

To associate an ephone-dn with a foreign exchange office (FXO) port, I use the trunk command in ephone-dn configuration mode...but when I finish the config and press the button in my phone...anything happens..What am I doing wrong?

this is the config:

BEGIN=========================================

!Private Lines

!

!Direct 1

conf t

voice-port 0/1/0

connection plar opx 2220970

exit

!

!Dial peer to take Private Line 1

dial-peer voice 280 pots

destination-pattern 7100

port 0/1/0

exit

!

!Direct 2

voice-port 0/1/1

connection plar opx 2220973

exit

!

!Dial peer to take Private Line 2

dial-peer voice 281 pots

destination-pattern 7101

port 0/1/1

!

!!Ephone-dn to assign the private lines, the sentence "trunk" take the dial peer to send the calls to port 0/1/0

!Linea 1

ephone-dn 110

number 2220970

name "Linea Privada 1"

!invoque the destination of connection in FXO private line 1

trunk 280

!

!Linea 2

ephone-dn 111

number 2220973

name "Linea Privada 2"

!invoque the destination of connection in FXO private line 2

trunk 281

!

!Asigne the ephone-dn to the buttons, in ephone 6 the private line only in silent mode

!

ephone 5

button 1:5 2:251 5:110 6:111

!

ephone 6

button 1:6 2:250 5s110 6s111

END========================================

I need some help with this issue..

Thanks!!

2 Replies 2

gmarogi
Level 5
Level 5

To associate an ephone-dn with a foreign exchange office (FXO) port, use the trunk command in ephone-dn configuration mode. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_t1ht.html#wp1015411

Yes, I used this guide to associate the ephone, if you see the script that I published..have the same structure as examples and use the "trunk" command but When I try to take the line only have a busy tone. It is not a trunk problem because when I test the configuation I receive the incoming calls normally. The problem is I cannot use the line to make outgoing calls.

I think I associated wrong the dial-peer with the command "trunk". While I programmed I saw that the "trunk" command says nothing of its parameters that can only be of type "WORD". This is not very specific so I have doubts.

Thanks for your help!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: