Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot backup CUCM on QNAP: Unale to access SFTP server

RFC_2549
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a CUCM and a QNAP...now the CUCM is doing the backup on a server but now i have to set the DRS for making backup on the QNAP.

On the QNAP I have a user with administrator privilege, SFTP enabled, a directory created for the backup and enough space fot storing.

When I go to the DRS page to add a Backup Device I give it a name for the backup device, the IP address the path, the administrator user of the QNAP and the password of the QNAP.

When I try to save it an error displays: "Update failed: Unable to access SFTP server. Please ensure the userame and password are correct." 

User and password are correct, what can I do?

Thanks!!!

Giulia

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does the user and pwd have read/write privileges over the folder?

Are you sure you're pointing to the right folder?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

yes, the user is the proprietary of the folder, have all privileges ecc

I'm reporting the folder like that --> /CUCM_BKP_2020

CUCM_BKP_2020 is the folder that I have created in the QNAP...the directory is not contained by other directories...

Thank you

Giulia

If you try to access it with some other client, does it work?

HTH

java

Do you mean another client for go into the QNAP? Like a server with SolarWinds or something else?

Thank you

Giulia

I mean an SFTP client

HTH

java

I've not tried with QNAP but with some SFTP server you need to specify the path in your DRS config as relative for example "./CUCM_BKP_2020"
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: