cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot playback greeting to IP Phone from Unity Admin page

jidesai
Level 1
Level 1

Have Unity ver.4.0(3)SR1. When login to Unity Admin and try to record or playback a Subscribers greeting from/to an IP Phone, get the following error:

Unknown problems are preventing the completion of the call.

14 Replies 14

mikram
Level 4
Level 4

I have similiar problem, when I try to do recording it says , The specified number does not respond.

any ideas

thanks

Hi -

On the client side, make sure the Unity server name is correctly entered and its IP address can be resolved via DNS (General Tab of Outlook - Tools - ViewMail Options). This field is not the CallManager name or IP address. Also check the extension field information is correct. You should be able to dial the extension information from a phone to validate. BTW - there have been some other posts recently on this same error. Here is the link to see if it applies to your environment - http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.eea4e89/7#selected_message

Ginger

Thanks for the reply. I am not running Viewmail. My problem is between Unity server and the IP Phone. I am trying to hear/record a greeting by using the ip phone as the media. So I go in Unity Admin, press play/record on the subscriber profile page next to recorded voice. The phone is selected as the playback/recording device. Thanks

mikram - The message "The specified number does not respond." is a message from Unity, so you do seem to have configured the Unity address correctly. You should check if you have the phone number correct, like Ginger pointed out. You could use the Port Status Monitor in the Unity Tools Depot to make sure that Unity is dialing out to the correct number. If Unity is dialing out to the correct number, then may be the entered number is not as per your dial plan.

I have checked the extension and the ip address of unity server are correct. sometimes, i am able to do recording and sometimes it doesnot. when i check the port status , all ports are ok. but, when i give extension number to each port and restart the sysadmin, the extension disappears from the port page.

any ideas.

thanks

mikram - It is not clear from your reply ("all ports are ok") if Unity is dialing out to the correct phone number when you get this error. Are you using the port monitor tool in the Tools Depot? If the port monitor tool shows Unity dialing out to the number you entered and you still get this error, there may be bigger issues here. It may be best to open a TAC case.

vharsha
Level 3
Level 3

jidesai - Does the phone ring? Or do you get this error after the phone rings? What is the OS on the workstation you launch the SA from?

The phone rings once and then the message appears on the Unity admin page. I am using terminal services to connect to Unity and launch SA from the server it self. The server os is 2K. Thanks.

jidesai - Does this also happen when you launch SA directly from the Unity console? I'm trying to eliminate WTS as a possible cause. Also, if you could gather TrapConnector traces and email them to me, I can take a quick look. TrapConnector traces go into the log file for AvCsMgr.

I have not tried from Unity console. Do not have access to it. I will try to send the traces. Thanks.

Do you have HTTP access to the Unity server? Browsing directly to the SA page may get you better results than accessing via WTS.

Note that the Media Master is not available across a firewall that blocks DCOM communications. See the Maintenance Guide for info on access to the Unity SA from a remote computer outside your network firewall:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_maintenance_guide_chapter09186a0080229acb.html#wp1068180

Regards,

Eric

I'm not having any luck browsing directly to the SA page either. The strange thing is that this worked in the past. I will investigate the firewall issue.

Thanks.

I might be way off base here, but verify the Calling Search Spaces on the Unity ports that are trying to place the call. The CSS needs to have the ability to call the phone that you are trying to do the recording from.

I have the same problem as described above. The CSS has all the partitions of the phones. When you get the operator, you can transfer from voice mail to any extension but you can't record/playback from any extension. The problem here is sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Mostly doesn't.