cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cannot register SpeechView service

kdotten36
Level 3
Level 3

I've configured the SpeechView service as described in the Speechview guide (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsag177.pdf) and the Exchange guide (https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-15726)

I still cannot get the service to register.  I also cannot get the test to complete using the CLI troubleshooting command run cuc smtptest <email address>

I've verified external messages can get through to the email address I created for it (speechview@ourdomain.com) but it seems they aren't getting to the stt-service@cux-primary address I've set it to forward to (cux-primary is the name of the Unity Connection SMTP domain).

I have a couple gray areas...

1.  Is cux-primary a bad SMTP domain?  It's what is listed under SMTP Config - Server but all the SpeechView guides look like they're expecting a true domain like cux-primary.com or something.  I'm trying to avoid changing it so I don't create any other problems with our Unity Connection cluster.

2.  I wasn't quite sure which server was supposed to be listed as the Smart Host when I created the Send Connector on the Exchange 2010 Hub Transport.  I tried both the IP of Unity Connection and the IP of the Exchange SmartHost (which is the same hub transport server I created the connector on).  I tried both and tried to register and test though, neither try worked.

Any advice from those who have this working?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mariocard
Level 1
Level 1

i just had this issue and found the HELO messages from Exchange to Unity Connection were not formated right...

ran this in the Exchange Shell and all good now!!

Set-sendconnector "SendConnectorName" -forceHELO 1

Mario C

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mariocard
Level 1
Level 1

i just had this issue and found the HELO messages from Exchange to Unity Connection were not formated right...

ran this in the Exchange Shell and all good now!!

Set-sendconnector "SendConnectorName" -forceHELO 1

Mario C

We did have to change HELO to EHLO as well, but we still had messages getting hung up at the hub transport and had to open up the send connector to require no authentication.  Thanks for the response!