Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot remove custom logo from 7905!

jonnybuck
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Really old stuff here so doubt anyone could help but thought I'd give it a try!

I recently did my CCNA and had bought a few old bits including a 2811 and a couple of catalyst switches. 

Before I put it back on eBay I decided to have a play with some phones, and grabbed a couple of old 7905s. 

I have them working fine but one of them has a custom logo (quite alarming being of a police force)

Every form of reset both as advised in the user guide and google (and here) won't wipe it. 

I tried to create my own default profile lddefault.cfg to get rid of it. (I don't have the bmp2logo utility but figured I'd check if the profile edit worked first before crossing that barrier) and I can't make it do anything - I tested the profile cfg file by setting it to create a UI password but it won't do it. 

I made a txt file, used cfgfmt.exe to convert to lddefault.cfg and copied it to flash. It doesn't do anything to the phone. Should it be in a certain folder somewhere?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is an intimidating logo... I'm surprised a factory reset didn't remove it. Did you try the "format the writable flash" sequence of 1673492850*#  ?

I hope the utility does the trick for you. I've not deployed backgrounds via CME so I don't have good advice for you on that one.

It's been a while, but I know the logo replacing the existing one has to be a certain size (x pixels by x pixels). Did you find that documentation?

Maren

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

This is why I never throw anything away....

Maren

Maren that’s brilliant, I couldn’t find that anywhere. If I get that far, I’ll give it a go, but I think my lddefault.cfg file (this is supposed to be the generic file the phones look for on boot up) isn’t being found. (I created one with some settings changes but they don’t seem to work)  I’m not sure where on the 2811 it should be, right now I’ve got it in the flash, and I’ve also tried the commands

telephony-service

load-cfg-file lddefault.cfg alias lddefault.cfg

All this stuff is so old there’s no real info out there.

Finding the tool is amazing though if I can make the config file work. 

Just for the comedy, this is the phone sat in my London kitchen. It’s a logo for a police force in Northern England

That is an intimidating logo... I'm surprised a factory reset didn't remove it. Did you try the "format the writable flash" sequence of 1673492850*#  ?

I hope the utility does the trick for you. I've not deployed backgrounds via CME so I don't have good advice for you on that one.

It's been a while, but I know the logo replacing the existing one has to be a certain size (x pixels by x pixels). Did you find that documentation?

Maren

1. Hi again

So, 

Sadly the code didn’t work, it came up as invalid.

so I did what I should I should have done days ago, and did “debug tftp events” and finally found out what name of file the phones were looking for! So my test profile was then working.

So I went on to the images, everything I tried on OS X to convert images to bmp monochrome was coming up a little dodgy so in the end I used MS Paint! 

Results below

Love it! You are very welcome.

Maren