cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 4.2 Hide/Mask DN on Internal Calls from Specific Extension

skipvergon
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to configure a Manager's extension so that when he places a call from that extension, it does not show his internal extension on the dsiplay of the called line.  I have followed the steps outlined here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2123699

However, I can't get it to work 100%.  If I configure the translation pattern for a specific extension (i.e. 99012), then everything works as planned.  If I configure the translation pattern for XXXXX (any internal extension), then it does not work.  The call doesn't hit the translation pattern.  All settings are exact to the referenced document.  Any ideas?

Any other references to a solution?  Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Most likely because you're leaving the partition for all other DNs in the CSS from the phone, then XXXX is not a best match if you're dialing a DN which is exactly what you dialed.

You need to remove ALL other partitions from the CSS and make sure you can only reach the TP as the middle man for internal calls.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Thanks for your reply.

I had previously thought the same and tested to no avail.

After your post, I tested again.  I configured the phone CSS and line CSS as the "TransCSS" described in the document.  That "TransCSS" ONLY contains the "TransPartition" referenced in the document.  With the TP configured to XXXXX, the call still does not block the DN.  With the TP configured for a specific extension, it works as designed.

I am still confused as to why, with the TP as XXXXX, the call does not seem to use the TP.  If it is not hitting the TP, how is the call being completed?

Do you have any extensions or other translation patterns in the < None > partition? That is always included at after the last partition in your CSS.

Jonathan, thanks for the reponse.

Yes.  All of our internal extensions (except the one I am testing here) are in the partition and a handfule of translation patterns. 

If the partition is included AFTER the last partition in the CSS and you had a TP of XXXXX, then wouldn't the call with dial digits 45975 (for example) hit that "TransPartiton" before hitting the and thus the TP that blocks the DN?

No, such is explained in the SRND, CUCM uses BEST match routing. Only when 2 matches are equally good, the order of the partitions comes into play. The DN that matches the least options is used. That's the reason why a TP with the exact same DN as the one on phone worked. Because only then, it would be equally good choice and it would be before the option.

45975 matches 1 DN = 1 option

XXXXX matches 10000 options

You'll need to re-do your whole CSS/partitons schema if you want it to work properly.

We never recommend leaving it all in the partitions, you should at least create a phone or internal partition to place phones.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: