cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CDR analysis for CME

gglynn
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, so CME can log CDRs to an FTP, RADIUS, or Syslog server, but Cisco doesn't provide any tools to actually analyze those CDRs. I'm not super excited with the third-party solutions Cisco's pointed people toward either (Stonevoice Billy, ISI Infortel Select).

Has anyone successfully implemented CDR Analysis for a CME system? What did you use? Is Cisco planning on porting its CDR Analysis and Reporting (CAR) tool to CME anytime soon?

5 Replies 5

MICHAEL CARTER
Level 1
Level 1

Hi gglynn

Did you get a response or solution to this?  I've also been looking for a decent 3rd party application, but with no luck.

Michael.

Heh, no.

ryan_bell
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, I've been in the same boat as you for a while now and unfortunately Cisco does not provide much for the CDRs. Yes there are a couple third party tools, though from my experience, they are horrible. What I ended up having to do was take the files, and setup a script with a scheduled task to consolidate the files to one csv file once a day. Then using SQL, I setup a job to import the file daily into a database. There may be other ways to import these csv files into SQL, though this seamed the best since there are so many files generated each minute with different names, though I'm not a SQL expert. Anyway, once you get the files into SQL, you can then use something like Crystal Reports to generate your reports.

I know this is a bit of a pain, but it gives you the most control and flexibility without paying a third party vendor for junk software (ie Metropolis).

If you need some assistance, let me know and I'll see what I can do for you.

For non agent calls we have purchased a low cost tool called Syn-Apps

Pretty basic. http://www.syn-apps.com/products/software  - it works

Hi,

It has been more than 2 1/2 Yrs for this particular post. Did Cisco come up with any solution to this reporting issue? At least, could someone please give me the link to the data dictinary for the CDR in CME 8.6? If I know the meaning of these fields, I could make customized reports using some intelligent reporter.

Saif

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: