cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CER - E911 - Internal Emergency Number

david krupa
Level 1
Level 1

We have the Cisco Unified Call Manager 8.5 and Cisco Emergency Responder 8.5 in place at where I work, and the E911 service works great. My question is, is it possible to add another 3 digit emergency number only for internal use in addition to the 911 that we have working. This emergency number would work the same way as the 911 number but stay within our internal network and not reach Emergency Responders outside. This number would be for emergencys handled by our internal response team.

I am not sure that this would be possible to use the CER server for this? Has anyone done this?

Thanks

-Dave

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

To some extend, CallAware which is an addon to IC can provide notifications to phones based on specified number dialed.

Chris

View solution in original post

bjungemann
Level 1
Level 1

David,

CallAware is exactly what you need, it can generate an InformaCast alert to send audio to phones, text to phones or any of the other InformaCast endpoints. It looks at a CTI Route Point being dialed and then triggers an event. As long as you're current on your Singlewire maintenance and have a specific number of licenses they should be able to get you the CallAware product.

The example they use is 911 for this but it can be any configured CTI RP DN

http://info.singlewire.com/callaware

-Brad

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What would be the purpose of CER for this number then?

How do you want this number to work? Is it as simple as dial XXX and transfer the call to security desk, etc?  Does the security desk need to be able to login to CER web portal to view details of which ERL the phone is in?

If not, then dont even worry about CER and simply build a transaltion pattern for it.

HTH,

Chris

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the response. Right, so the CER would help in the way that we would have a 3 digit internal number that would be dialed and call, and email a set group of people as well as give the location (meaning a building on our campus) much like the 911 number does going out.

Thanks again,

Dave

Unfortunately that would not be doable as CER is configured with single emergency number (or 2 if you have failover server), plus there is no way to assign switchport to more than one ERL, and ERL would always reference the ELIN that routes the call to PSAP.

You can always get another 3rd party app such as InformaCast CallAware for additional notifications, etc.

HTH,

Chris

There is a way to do this with Informacast? We do have Informacast actually, for our bell system.

To some extend, CallAware which is an addon to IC can provide notifications to phones based on specified number dialed.

Chris

bjungemann
Level 1
Level 1

David,

CallAware is exactly what you need, it can generate an InformaCast alert to send audio to phones, text to phones or any of the other InformaCast endpoints. It looks at a CTI Route Point being dialed and then triggers an event. As long as you're current on your Singlewire maintenance and have a specific number of licenses they should be able to get you the CallAware product.

The example they use is 911 for this but it can be any configured CTI RP DN

http://info.singlewire.com/callaware

-Brad

Thank so much guys, I had originally thought that we would not be able to use the CER for this but was not entirely sure. The informacast idea I believe will be the answer I need. Thanks to you both!

-Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: