cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CER Emergency Responder to Red Sky Intrado ERL - Outbound Called number shows RedSky XXX-XXX-XXXX LD Number to EndUser

johnwidby
Level 1
Level 1

CER Emergency Responder to Red Sky Intrado ERL - Outbound Called number shows RedSky XXX-XXX-XXXX LD Number to EndUser

When an End-User picks up an IP Phone and calls 911 - The Phone shows it is calling 911 and then it shows it is calling a LongDistance Number example (XXX) XXX-XXXX

I know why it is doing this what I don't know is how to force it to always show 911

Here's why it is showing the LD Number - We are using Red Sky for our E911 implementation and within the Route-Pattern the "Called Party Transform Mask" is set to the RedSky's LD for 911 processing.
 When someone dials 911 - when it hits the Route-Pattern we are switching it to call RedSky and not 911 - This "Updates" the IP Phone to show the "new-called-number"

How do I get it to NOT Show - the Updated "Called Party Transform Mask" on the IP Phone making the 911 call.

The End user gets confussed when they dail 911 and then it shows 911 for a split second and then switches to the RedSky's LD number. The End Users usually hangs up at this point to try the 911 call again.

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Instead of doing the translation on the route patter do it on the route group within the route list.

Hello Chris,

Can he also uncheck the redirect called number from the device as well?

I don't think so as redirected number definition is:

Checking this check box will cause the number that was redirected to display upon call forward. 

But there is no forwarding here, just translation.

Thanks Guys for the very quick response !!!

I ran into a services parameter that I will try and see how it goes ;-)

"Always Display Original Dialed Number to true"

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-callmanager-version-42/99463-ccm-line-id.html

I'll post the results once I have them.

That did the trick - Now when a user calls 911 their IP Phone continues to say "Calling 911"

What I am not sure about yet - Is if this will affect SNR mobility, CFA, or traffic from/through Unity Connection.

I'll post those results once I have them

Did you ever find out if SNR or Unity was impacted by your change?  Same issue here.

I implemented this last week, with unexpected results.

I'm running CUCM10.5.2SU6. Latest firmware on our phones.

On internal calls and external calls I now see the number as dialed (5551212 / 18885551212) with no name. This is true on all model phones except 78xx/88xx.

78xx/88xx phones the name is also missing, however the number displays as "dialednumber@ourCUCMhost" IE 18885551212@xyx-cucm03.

Has anyone else implemented this and seen this behavior? If so, how were you able to resolve it?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: