cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CER Onsite Alerts, Multiple Users Same Phone...

JeffG1
Level 3
Level 3

I have a set of guards who work different shifts, each with their own email address.  I would like to enable an onsite alert for each guard's email, but not alert the phone.  In CER 7.x I see you must enter a phone number,  all of the guards share the same phone number.  What happpens if I enter the same phone number for multiple alert personel?  Will CER try to call that same number multiple times?

1 Reply 1

andre-wright
Level 1
Level 1

"When Cisco ER gets an emergency call from an ERL, it calls the onsite alert number of the contact for the ERL and plays a pre-recorded message that includes the phone number from which the emergency call was placed."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cer/7_1_1/english/administration/guide/e911page.html#wpxref24829

If you add 3 separate onsite alerts to a single ERL with 3 separate entries of the same phone number CER will attempt to make 3 separate calls to the destination phone number from that ERL.  Is it possible to create an E911 Security group mail account for the security guards that rotate shifts for this specific location so that you have a single onsite alert configuration in CER?  This solution can eliminate the CER administrator having to update onsite alert configurations every time security is added or removed from this location.