cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CER - Wild Card when configuring ELIN Number

joshua.gertig
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, hope I got the right forum here. I'm trying to configure an new ERL in CER (ver 8.6) and am trying to figure out whether or not I can use a wildcard for the last four digits of the ELIN number. Basically, I'd like to configure it simular to "External Phone Number Mask" in CUCM where X is the wildcard. The idea being that if a user dials 911 while on a particular subnet (VPN Softphones for example), they outpulse their DID for callback purposes.

When I click on help, it says "The number can only contain numbers, single hyphens, dots, or parentheses", but doesn't explain the function. Are dots or hyphens wildcards?   

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, you need to have specific ELINs. Even if you could enter wildcard it would not work well as how would CER/CUCM determine which ERL you are using?

You can build subnet based ERLs vs. switch port ERLs if preferred if that helps. 

Remember the primary reason for ELIN is not callback, but rather static mapping in ALI database, so you would need to map all your numbers if you want to use actual phone numbers.  Callback should be the least of your worry, as CER will ring the actual phone that made 911 call upon ELIN callback for up to 3 hours, so the phones don't even have to have DIDs to receive a call back.

HTH,

Chris

Yeah, I think I was way over thinking that. I'm all set, thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: