cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Certificate question

George Clark
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question we are upgrading cucm im&p cluster from 9.1.2 to 11.5 using pcd we will be migrating from vm to vm 9 nodes my question is the certificates are signed by our ca in production when pcd spins up new vm`s and imports the data which is part of the process doe the certs also get imported i did a tac ticket 2 days later the response was the self signed certificates are created on the new vm`s ....

Our existing production system uses ca signed im thinking they will be imported with the rest of the data for the node ?????

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, assuming you do NOT change anything that would impact the certificates (hostname/domain).

If you do change any of those, then just as if you did that with your cluster any other day, certificates will be re-generated and you'll have self-signed certs which you'd need to replace with CA certificates.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, assuming you do NOT change anything that would impact the certificates (hostname/domain).

If you do change any of those, then just as if you did that with your cluster any other day, certificates will be re-generated and you'll have self-signed certs which you'd need to replace with CA certificates.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank  you very much nothing is changing as far as host name ip address etc.

Just needed confirmation