cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CFA to voicemail not working

jeffrey-young
Level 1
Level 1

This is a CM 7.1.3, Unity Cxn 7.1.3.1000 environment.  When callers hit the auto attendant and dial a 4 digit extension, if that person is call fowarding all to voicemail they hear MOH and a beep....it sounds as if it is skipping or in a loop.  If you were to dial the person's DID with the same CFA to voicemail you receive their voicemail.

Need a little help with this, first time I've seen this happen.

Thanks,
Jeff

3 Replies 3

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jeff,

Is the transfer set for release to switch or supervised transfer?  I could see supervised transfer possibly causing a loop, but a release to switch should work.  Without seeing the trace files, I cannot state for sure.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineer

I have a log from the port status monitor would that work??  It is set to release to switch.  In the status monitor it is bouncing between 7011 and 7012 which are voice mail ports in CM.  Attached is the log.  The numer I am calling from is 618-726-5150 and the extension i am trying to reach is 4321.

Thank you for your time.

Jeff

Jeff,

Do you happen to have Unity set for loop prevention?  Are you checking for the clid of VM and rejecting the call because of this?  If so, the call will bounce between 2 ports and end up with the call going to busy.  Not being an UCX expert, I believe that the issue a configuration issue.  I would recommend checking the UCX config for loop prevention and if nothing is found, opening a TAC case to get the issue resolved.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing