Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Call Waiting Tone that caller hears

dwtcp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, i am running CCM 4.2(1)

many customers have asked me about that.

When call waiting is enabled on a ipphone and the phone is on an active call, when a second call arrives, the caller hears normal ringing.

Is it possible to change that?

Thanks a lot

11 Replies 11

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tasos,

In the case of Call Waiting ringback tone that is provided to callers, this tone is actually generated from the Service Providers Central Office equipment not CallManager. This is not a configurable setting. Sorry about that.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Hi Rob,

i was refering to the internal calls. All three sides involving in the scenario are CCM's extensions. So, i guess CCM is generating this tone. I just want this tone to be altered when the called party is buse, but yet that call waiting is enabled on his phone.

Could this not be configurable? I could configure this setting in any old PBX!

Hi -

Just something to check on your CallManager Line configuration for the user's phone. What is the Ring Setting (Phone Active), does it say System Default? I suspect yours may be coded as Ring, instead of Beep. The system default should be Beep. Try this and let us know.

Ginger

Hi Ginger and thanks for your time.

I am interested in changing the tone that the caller hears and not the called user who is on an active call with a third party.

Besides, the called party is able to monitor a second incoming on the LCD screen if call waiting is enabled but in that case, the caller hears normal call ringing and he/she does not know if the called party is absent or busy.

Thanks

Anthony

P.S. Yes the setting is beep and there is no problem with that; the called person sees at the lcd the incoming call and hears a beep every .... seconds.

Hi Anthony -

I took a look at this on Cisco's site for CCM. Have you tested removing the forwarding destination on the user's Directory line config for Forward Busy internal and external (typically this is forwarded to voicemail because that is the most desirable coverage path if the called party is unavailable). Uncheck the Voice Mail box and try calling the user. Note: You will also need to check the Busy Trigger setting on the user's DN. This might work for you.

Ginger

Hi Ginger,

i have tried what you have proposed but it didn't work as i would desire.

The busy trigger feature is a number which tells the ccm, after which call, the caller would hear a busy tone and be rejected (and the called would never know that this call occured).

I would like that the calling party stays on the line and at the same time hearing a different sound indicating that the called party is busy.

Anthony

Anthony

Hi

i'm facing the same issue with my clients. i'm not able to solve it yet

Hi! I see your post and insite a question: "...the called person sees at the lcd the incoming call and hears a beep every .... seconds". How I do this? Here the called person hear only 1 beep. How I do setting for the beep repeat every ... seconds?

Hi Rob,

Actually is possible to configure "Call Waiting Ringback" in the CUCM or CME platform?

Thanks

Hi Rob,

Actually is possible to configure "Call Waiting Ringback" in the CUCM or CME platform?

Thanks

Hi John,

I have never seen any method to change the Call waiting ringback for either CUCM or CME. Sorry about that my friend!

Cheers!

Rob