cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Called Party Number to Name on phone display?

Jamin Horton
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I'm trying to change a called number to show up on the phone calling it as a name and not the actual dialed number. Anyone know how to do that, I can't seem to figure it out?

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to start by mentioning what system you're using.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Sorry,

CUCM 9.1, I've got a Route Pattern that hits a SIP Trunk and routes out. On the phone calling the number I would like it to display a set name like "Conference-Line" for example instead of the actual dialed number.

Does that help?

Impossible?

Not impossible but rather tricky and not scalable. You can use a voice class sip-profiles to modify the Remote-Party-ID header that the router sends back to CUCM. You'll need to be rather comfortable with regular expressions.

voice class sip-profiles 10

response ANY sip-header Remote-Party-ID modify "Remote-Party-ID:.*((.*)" "Remote-Party-ID: \"Acme Co\" \1@\2>\3"

You would need to apply that on the VoIP dial-peer facing CUCM.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thank you Jonathan,

Believe it or not there is however no cisco router involved here. Is there an option here for SIP manipulation on the SIP Trunk?

Not to my knowledge. Even the CURRI API only allows you to modify calling/called number, not name.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the need is to hide the called number, eg a Call forward number, there are vairous threads on the matter, search "ip telephony".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: