Views
Helpful
Replies

Change device profile parameter globally in CUCM

kilias
Level 4
Level 4

Dear all

I have a simple question to ask . I thought it would be fairly easy but I ended up looking for it for about 3-4 days with no answer!  . I need to change three parameters in ALL the device profiles at once (Recording Option, Recording Profile and Monitoring Calling Search Space). The version of the CUCM is 8.6

Thank you in advace

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you asking how to change it on the Directory Numbers? If so BAT would be the way to go.

Thank you Chris for the immediate response.

Actually is a bit more complicated than that. I can manually change those properties, which

are indeed under Device Profile ->Directory number. However if I go directory to Directory Number

those properties are not there to modily!! So how am I going to use the BAT approach to change those 3 properties (500 Device Profiles)??

Regards

I have found the solution to my problem

( Although I am using CUCM 10.5 in my test lab, I guess it wont be much different in the 8.6  

that my customer has)

I had to go to

Bulk Administration ->User Device Profiles->Add/Update Lines-> Update Lines

check only the parameters I want to modify, select the the new values for those parameters and then run the job

Thank you

Regards

Exactly. Alternatively you could develop SQL query and run against the server directly for items not doable via BAT.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: