cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

change Ldap . CUCM (For new domain)

pablo.beraldi
Level 1
Level 1

I wanted to know if I change the ad so that users have a new domain, those that are currently and that have a device associated, are they deleted? I mean the ones that I will import is the same user id but what changes the @domain. someone happened this scenario? the idea is just to change the SRVs pointing to the FQDNs and see the user validation in the AD. thanks

4 Replies 4

Even if the actual user name is the same the user would have a different GUID (Global Unique Identifier). So in reality the user objects are different. As of this all users from the old domain would be lost.

Response Signature

I understand, and being able to sync from two different ADs to have the two users. Example user1@example1.com and user1@example2.com This is possible. From what I read it is not possible. I am right?

thanks

Depending upon how you define the user ID in CM for the directory you could get both users to show up from the two domains. You can setup synchronisation with multiple domains, but only one of these can be used for authentication. If you want to use authentication for both you’ll need to have both domains joined together by some Microsoft thing, ADAM I think it’s named. Then you’ll point to that for authentication.

Response Signature

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
  • For AD deployments, the ObjectGUID is used internally in Unified CM as the key attribute of a user. The attribute in AD that corresponds to the Unified CM User ID may be changed in AD. For example, if sAMAccountname is being used, a user may change their sAMAccountname in AD, and the corresponding user record in Unified CM would be updated.

With all other LDAP platforms, the attribute that is mapped to User ID is the key for that account in Unified CM. Changing that attribute in LDAP will result in a new user being created in Unified CM, and the original user will be marked inactive.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab12/collab12/directry.html

If the ObjectGUID changes by doing what you plan, then you'd end up with new users.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate