Helpful
Replies

change Unity 4.2 default audio announcement

e.albajes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have Unity 4.2, 2 questions

First - I need to locate the audio file that says " I didn't recognize that as a valid entry". once located I'd like to change a customized message. can any one help me located this audio file?

Second - when using auto attendant, if a invalid extention was pressed, the above announctement plays " I didn't recogniz.. " and then the system puts us back to Unity by saying " Hello welcome to Cisco Unity messaging system..." I need to force the system to actaully send us back to AA not Unity, any help is appreciated.

Thanks and much appreciated.

Eyad

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are talking about the ?error greeting? here ? by default the Error greeting is not exposed in the SA, but you can turn it on using the Advanced Settings Tool found in the tools depot on your Unity desktop. The setting you want is ?Administration ? expose the error greeting to subscribers on the SA?. If you turn this on in addition to the standard, alternate, off hours, busy and internal greetings you?ll also see the error greeting.

You can record custom error greetings for each handler/subscriber if you wish. You can also adjust the default behavior ? by default it plays the error greeting you describe and then sends you to the opening greeting call handler. You can change this to loop back to itself or go to another call handler or whatever you want.

You can also use BulkEdit to change the error greeting behavior for all subscribers and/or call handlers if you wish ? there is a special option there to ?loop back to self? which is a common choice ? then you hear the ?I didn?t recognize that?? prompt and it starts the call handler greeting you?re in over again rather than dumping you back to the opening greeting. I?m guessing this is what you mean by forcing the system to send you back to the AA here.

thank you very much, this was it.