cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

change unity system greetings

rvincent
Level 1
Level 1

is there any way to re-record the unity system messages, such as, instead of the unity voice saying "wait while I transfer your call " it says "please wait while I transfer your call"

thanks

Rob

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Glad your problem is solved. Would you mind to rate the post or posts that helped.

Thanks,

Brandon

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The system prompts are located here:

CommServer\Localize\Prompts

on your Unity server. It is possible to replace these prompts with ones that you record. A few things to consider:

1. Make a backup of the current prompts before you start replacing them.

2. If you replace system prompts with your own custom prompts, some prompts will sound different than others.

3. Your custom prompts will be overwritten when you perform an upgrade.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

I should note that in Unity 4.1(1) you can turn this prompt off through the SA now! Yeah! Finally... you can turn it off on a per transfer rule basis and it is exposed in the BulkEdit utility. There should never been any more need to go down and hack the prompts (which are wiped out on upgrades) for this issue.

thanks guys.

that's just what i needed. This is the 2nd customer I have who is asking about it.

Glad your problem is solved. Would you mind to rate the post or posts that helped.

Thanks,

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: