Views
Helpful
Replies

Changes in configuration of CUCM which doesn't apply to phones

stephane.walker
Level 1
Level 1

Hello !

When I change the primary Call Manager in the device pool configuration, the phones which are in this pool don't update their configuration even if I restart the phones. The only way to do this is to reset the phones to the manufacturing configuration and then apply the configuration. Is there another way to update the configuration ? What can be the origin of the problem ?

Thank for your help !

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you saying you are changing the CUCM Group within the Device Pool? Did you reset the DP after the change?

Chris

In fact, I changed the order of my two call manager in the CUCM Group and I would like to register my phones to the new first call manager.

Yes, I tried to reset the DP and the CUCM Group but the problem is still there.

So, after changing the order of the CUCMs within the CUCM Group did you reset the Group?

When you browse to the IP address of one of the phones and go to Network Configuration what do you see under Unified CM 1, Unified CM 2, and Unified CM 3?

Which one is showing Active?

Chris

Yes, the reset of the group has been done but it didn't change anything. I tried to add a new phone which has no configuration and it registered with success to the good call manager (The first in my list). When I go to network configuration on the phone, I see the old configuration with the second call manager in Unified CM 1 (It is the Active one). Could it be due to an old configuration which blocks the update ?

Hi Stephane

Browse to the IP of your IP phone that doesn't take the update. Take a look at the 'status messages' (or you can do that from the GUI) and see if you see a 'trust file update failed' message.

Aaorn

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Yes, I see this message in the status menu.

I found this :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a0080bbcd03.shtml

So according to this document, there isn't another way to apply the new configuration without reseting to manufacturing configuration.

This is when you are switching between different clusters, if you need to register to different CUCM within the same cluster this does not apply.

Chris