Views
Helpful
Replies

changing Ldap attribute section phone number to ipphone from Telephone

itariq12345
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we recenlty integrated our AD to call manager, however a we left he Phone number attribute to telephone. this has messed our corporate directory. 

we need to change the phone number attribute to IPphone now and perform a sync, we are unsure what affect will this have on the end user part. we are worried that users might get deleted off call manager?

can a cisco genius please share some knowledge on this.

call manager 12.5

3 Replies 3

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

Users would not be deleted from cucm. The guid or id for the user record would not change in cucms database

what if an AD account does not hold any value in IP-phone section. Will the end user remain in CUCM?

So what do you have in your ldap filter, if nothing then yes all user account will sync even if they don’t have ip phone fields.
I typically set ldap filter to only pull in users that have valid #s in valid formats.

But don’t take my word for it do this create an ldap user without a telephone field filled in what happens does the user appear in cucm?

Also after you make the change the users will be listed as deactivate.

The garbage collectior runs at 3am to clear our deactive record so you can still correct your problem if one where to come.

You have the option to convert to local users to. This came I think in version 9.x