cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing name of the router

Tuan Nguyen
Level 1
Level 1

When I change the name of the router, the phone stops working so I backed out. Realized that I have to change the Cisco Unified CM Administration - Device- gateway to the new name. Anywhere I have to modify in the Unified CM to make the router name change? Thanks for the input.

3 Replies 3

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Could you explain what you mean by phone stops working?  Is this a MGCP gateway, if yes, when you change the hostname, the name needs to be updated on UCM under Device -> Gateway else the gateway wont register.

Please rate useful posts.

Thanks for the answer, George. That what I did but the phones were not working. Is there anything else I should make the modification beside Gateway ?

Thats all you have to do, change the name on the router and then in UCM. If might take a little bit to re-register. You could try resetting the gateway from UCM and wait till it registers. If it doesnt, go to the router and issue no mgcp/mgcp and see if it registers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: