Helpful
Replies

CIPC - 2nd incoming call automatically disconnects the 1st call

jclement
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Current CUCM version 8.6.2

We're experiencing some issues with 4 employees at 4 different locations who use their CIPC 8.6.1 as their primary phone.  When they are on an active call with "Caller A" and then "Caller B" calls their extension on their CIPC, "Caller A" automatically gets disconnected, and then they can choose to answer the incoming call from "Caller B".

I tried to replicate this issue by using my CICP (8.6.3) and logging in as the user.  When I did so and placed test calls, I didn't experience a problem.  When the 2nd incoming call rang, I saw the caller-id popup window and was able to answer it or not, as expected.  Next I logged out and had the user log back in to their CIPC and placed test calls with them. The problem occurred again for them. I’ve compared my CIPC setting to the employees but I don’t see anything different.

The majority of our employees use a desk phone to answer calls but our teleworking employees can also use CICP 8.6.1 as their primary device. When those employee's uses their desk phone, they do not experience the same issue with a 2nd incoming call disconnecting the 1st call.  Does anyone know what may be the cause of this issue?

We are still testing the CIPC version 8.6.3

Thank you in advance for your help/ideas.

****Next I’m going to upgrade one employee to 8.6.3 in attempt to remedy this situation.****

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Manish,

Your reply allowed me to start investigating the headsets.  I found they were all using Plantronics headsets, all of them were compatiable headsets.

Here is what I found:

The recent Plantronics Control Panel software upgrade (2.8.37365.1) is the cause of the problem.  Plantronics released a new version of their software sometime after 10/1/13 that's causing an issue with the Cisco IP Communicator. 

Symptoms:  While using the CIPC and on an active call, the next incoming call is disconnects the active call.  Some immediate disconnect problems when trying to place outbound calls.

Resolution: 

1.  If using a wired headset - Uninstall the Plantronics Control Panel software.

2.  If using a bluethooth headset - Upgrade the CIPC version from 8.6.1 to 8.6.3.

Thanks,

Juffure

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jclement
Level 1
Level 1

Upgrading the user to CIPC 8.6.3 didn't resolve the issue.  Still experiencing the same issue.

Hi Juffure,

I have seen similar issues when users have been using headsets that do not support 2nd call, please check if one of the supported / tested headsets is being used ( try replacing the ones which are working fine with the ones that are not )

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps5475/data_sheet_c78-669663.html

HTH

Manish

Hello Manish,

Your reply allowed me to start investigating the headsets.  I found they were all using Plantronics headsets, all of them were compatiable headsets.

Here is what I found:

The recent Plantronics Control Panel software upgrade (2.8.37365.1) is the cause of the problem.  Plantronics released a new version of their software sometime after 10/1/13 that's causing an issue with the Cisco IP Communicator. 

Symptoms:  While using the CIPC and on an active call, the next incoming call is disconnects the active call.  Some immediate disconnect problems when trying to place outbound calls.

Resolution: 

1.  If using a wired headset - Uninstall the Plantronics Control Panel software.

2.  If using a bluethooth headset - Upgrade the CIPC version from 8.6.1 to 8.6.3.

Thanks,

Juffure

Good to know that the issue is resolved and thanks for updating the forum with the resolution.

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: