Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2921 v 15.1(4)M4 CUCME 8.6 embedded service enginge 0/0

vpersaud001
Level 3
Level 3

Hello... urgent help needed!

Does the 2921 come CME ready or does it need software on the embedded service engine?

Problem is I upgraded RAM to 1 Gig to enable the module but get boot-loader prompt when I session in and I'm now reading about CIMC-E on the module.

From what I've been reading so far looks like  I need a second CF card in slot 1 for the module and CIMC-E software.

Would greatly appreciate some advice.

Thanks.

Vincent

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is not clear what your problem really is, but you don't need anything. CME runs fine with default memory.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is not clear what your problem really is, but you don't need anything. CME runs fine with default memory.

Paolo... I couldn't enable the service-module without upgrading RAM to 1Gig. At this time interface embedded-service-engine 0/0 is down/down and I don't know what to do to bring it up. About an hour ago it was up/up and I was able to session in but got the boot-loader prompt. Now it is down/down and no able to session in. .

I'm trying to get the service-module for CUCME 8.6 up and running.

Thanks.

Paolo.... Thank you very much for your input. I now understand that the embedded service engine module has nothing to do with voicemail, cue, or cme. It is to host linux based applications.

At this time we have to purchase and install an ISM for CUE/Voicemail on the 2921, and appropriate licenses.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: