cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8945 phone and CUPC

Michael Osland
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone heard when Cisco will release an update to support the new 8945 phone with the Presence Client?

9 Replies 9

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please try adding the following permission to the user in callmanager

Standard CCM End User
Standard CTI Enabled 
Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Connected Xfer and conf     Role
Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Rollover Mode

Also please make sure first if the user is able to control other IP Phones so that to ensure there is not other issues other than the phone model.

Thanks

They can control other IP Phone models.  The issue is if they use the 8945 and they get an outside call and try to answer it, it disconnects the caller if the presence client is running. 

That is a bit strange behavior. Please replication as much config as possible between a working IP Phone model and a 8945 IP Phone (including phone load as much close as possible) and see if the behavior replicates. I suspect this might a config/call routing issue on cucm.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The codebase on the 8945 is based on 6921/41/61 phones, which require the additional roles that MD has pointed out in order to control properly from CUPC.

Have you tried any 69xx phones?  Have you tried adding the roles that Md has suggested?

Thanks

I added the roles and that didn't help.  As long as the Presence client isn't running, incoming calls work fine. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I took a look and found other customers have had success with controlling 8945 devices are adding those roles.

What version of CUPS, CUPC, and CUCM are you running? 

CUPC version = 8.5.3.19248

CUP = 8.5.3.10000-59

CUCM = 7.1.5.33900-10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like this should work based on other customer's experiences.  For further investigation I would suggest escalating to a TAC service request. 

I already did.  I was told since that model isn't listed as being supported with the current release, I would have to wait till a update came out that did list that model as a supported device in CUPC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: