Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9971 Phone

clark-white
Level 1
Level 1

Dear's,

One of my boss has been given a 9971 SIP phone and he want the below features.

• He want to call directly on  PSTN without interference of seceretary.----> This has been done

• He does'nt want anybody to call him directly from PSTN, when anybody call him ,,call should come 1st to his seceretary then seceretary will trasfer to him.

All these have to be done on Call manager Express 2900 series with 8.5 version

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

You can do this by putting his DID on her phone as a second or third line (depending on her phone model).  Give him an internal extension only so that he can only make outbound calls or receive calls from internal extensions.

Other options would be to put him and his secretary into a hunt group, or have his extension on both the his phone and the secretaries phone (shared line).

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

Andrew,

Give him an internal extension only so that he can only make outbound calls or receive calls from internal extensions.

Can you elaborate more

Other options would be to put him and his secretary into a hunt group

In this option his phone extension 1111 will be as a pilot number and the seceretary extension will be in the list command numbers ????

or have his extension on both the his phone and the secretaries phone (shared line)

If i do this then the internal users call  will also ring to the seceretary phone.

If he has a DID of 111-222-3333, and his internal extension is 3333, then create a translation pattern so that when 111-222-3333 (or whatever you are getting from the carrier) comes in, it translates it into the secretaries extension.  That way he still has his 3333 extension, but calls to his DID ring to his secretary.  He can also still make outbound calls.

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

Andrew

Can u route me to any configuration example for the translation rule that can be called in SIP phone configuration

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: