Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Attendant Enterprise Server 8.6 Not work

dears;

I have a  Cisco Attendant Enterprise Server 8.6 on physical HP server, i am covert the server to virtual machine server VMware . the convert process done successfully without any errors and the new virtual machine work fine, 

but I am faced problem. when i trying to log in the attendant console  after type username and password on login screen the error message appear " A connection failure has occurred attempting to connect to server : XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, using server port: 1859'

I am test  ping to VM server is work and the username and password is correct.

but when make telnet to the 1859 port the result not open.

I am check the Cisco services on VM server the result the service are running.

I am check the license the  result is running and registered.

I am checking and ensure the TSP is Work.

can any one help me to solve this problem ????

thanks on advance.

Mohammad Barghouthi

10 Replies 10

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mohammad,

As per the CUxAC troubleshooting guide:

Problem 2

You are unable to log in to the CUEAC, and you receive this error message:

A connection Failure has occurred attempting to connect to server x.x.x.x, using server
port 1859. Please ensure the server is active, and the logging in information is correct.

Solution

Disable the firewall in order to resolve this issue.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-version-71/112181-cueac-salutation-popup.html

Try it and let us know if it helps.

Manish

HI Manish;

thanks for you assistance, but the windows firewall is disable and turn off on server.

i think the problem in the Cisco attendant server service. because when this service stop the telnet for  1859 port field, but when go to service mmc we find the service started, how i can check it.

thanks again,

Hi Mohammad,

Is the CUEAC installed on a supported UCS platform with correct OVA?

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Virtualization_for_Cisco_Unified_Attendant_Consoles#Version_8.6.28x.29

Manish

HI Manish,

i am check the minimum requirement it  is the same of MY VM Server, and to ensure that our VMware  environment work with  CUEAC, I am doing fresh installation for CUEAC to other machine that same resource with VM not work, the new installation fished correctly without error and  make telnet to the 1859 port the result open and system up.

so that it means the our VMware environment that no problem.

it seems the problem why the port not open and this port related to Cisco   attendant service but service up. and why the system not work after convert to virtual machine ????

sooooo what is the problem i don't know ??????

thanks  

Dears;

any update please 

thanks 

If the issue persists after checking network issues, disabling firewall, reinstalling software on supported platform and rebooting server then you should contact TAC.

HTH

Manish

HI,

i am trying to install Cisco attendant enterprise server again the installation process completed and  connected to exit database, but when go to service Management on webpage the status of Cisco unified attendant server is stopped  (Service is running\Server is stopped)  as attached file

can Cisco experts told me how to make server running ????

thanks 

hi, 

any update.

thanks

dears all;
there are no any Cisco experts in this site, to assistance me to solve the problem

thanks 

any update please 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: