Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco BE6k Redundancy

jamesbruce
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a client currently running a BE6k with cucm and unity connection ver 9.1.x on a cisco ucs m3 server We would like to add a second BE6k with cucm and unity for redundancy for both cucm and unity.  I understand I will need to upgrade existing deployment first to 11.x. Is there a guide that illustrates how to add the second be6k to form a cluster for both cucm and unity? I've looked, but have been unable to find a clear guide on doing so. If anyone has a link, please reply, thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, that's basically it, in a nutshell. Same install documents you use for any other CUCM/CUC deployment apply, and should be followed.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is nothing special about clustering a 6K, the same procedure you follow with any other CUCM/CUC deployment applies.

HTH

java

so upgrade existing to ver 11.x, set up and install second be6k but when installing cucm and unity you simply do not choose the first serer option?

Yes, that's basically it, in a nutshell. Same install documents you use for any other CUCM/CUC deployment apply, and should be followed.

HTH

java

Thanks Jaime!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: