Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Business Edition 6000

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

HI Everyone

I'm helping a friend of my move his CUCMBE from 5000 to 6000, and I wanted to know are steps I'm taking are they correct.

1. Create the new CUCMBE 6000 server

2. Take a backup of the current data from the CUCMBE 5000

3. Import the User data from the backup to the CUCMBE 6000

4. Run Cobra on the Unity piece to export the VM

5. Run Cobra on the new Unity to import the VM

If this isn't correct or I'm missing  some steps I would greatly appreciate it if someone can give me the outline so that we can get this knocked out. I look forward to your replies and thanks for the help in advance and have a great day.

Eric

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A DRS from a 5K can ONLY be restored on another 5K, no way to restore on any standalone CUCM .

BAT import/export is the only way to get the data out from a 5K, assuming you run the same CUCM release, you can simply import into the 6K, if not, you'll need to massage the data as necessary.

As for CUC, yes, assuming you're running a version which does support COBRAS for export.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jamie

I just spoke to one of the guys on site and he says that they are currently running 8.5.1 and they want to go to the latest stable version. I just looked on Cisco's website and I see that the latest version is 10.0(1)SU2.So basically I'll BAT the current data from the 5K running 8.5.1 and then import it into the 6K running the 10.0(1)SU2. And then once I have the Unity setup I'll just run the Cobra for the VM piece.

Eric

The latest version is 10.5(2).