Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco C240 M5 Bios Upgrade Issue

broketoof25
Level 1
Level 1

Hello..

I just received a new server (BE7M-M5-K9) and I'm trying to upgrade the bios from:

C240M5.4.0.1c.0.0627180945

to

ucs-c240m5-huu-4.0.2c.iso

via the CIMC.  I get the following error:

Thanks in advance for any help.  

1 Reply 1

sankbhat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Try to run HUU and select update all instead of selecting only BIOS.

As per Cisco documentation,

"Always upgrade the BIOS, the Cisco IMC and CMC from the HUU ISO. Do not upgrade individual components (only BIOS or only Cisco IMC), since this could lead to unexpected behavior. If you choose to upgrade BIOS, and the Cisco IMC individually and not from the HUU ISO, make sure to upgrade both Cisco IMC, and BIOS to the same container release. If the BIOS and the Cisco IMC versions are from different container releases, it could result in unexpected behavior. Cisco recommends that you use the Update All option from the Host Upgrade Utility to update the firmware versions of Cisco IMC, BIOS, and all other server components (VIC, RAID Controllers, PCI devices, and LOM) together. "

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/release/notes/b_UCS_C-Series_RN_4_0_2.html
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: