cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco call manager and phone logging?

sullyjman12
Level 1
Level 1

My secuirty management guy came into the office today and asked if there was a way to get logs of the calls users make on their cisco ip phones. We are supposed to keep a record of any phone calls we make to parent company, and they would like a way to verifiy that people are doing what they are supposed to be doing when it comes to doing a phone log.

Is this possible?  We are running the Cisco Callmanager 6.1 software. 

9 Replies 9

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi there,

Have you checked out CDR Analysis and Reporting (CAR), check the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/6_1_1/car/carovrvw.html

Understanding CDR Data

Call detail records (CDRs) detail the called number, the number that placed the call, the date and time that the call was started, the time that it connected, and the time that it ended. Call management records (CMRs), or diagnostic records, detail the jitter, lost packets, the amount of data sent and received during the call, and latency. CDR data comprises CDRs and CMRs collectively. A single call can result in the generation of several CDRs and CMRs. Cisco Unified Communications Manager records information regarding each call in CDRs and CMRs. CDRs and CMRs, known collectively as CDR data, serve as the basic information source for CAR.

HTH,

Chris

Chris Lee
Level 1
Level 1

Something like this?

And then you can make canned or automated reports on calls

To be delivered via email on a schedule basis

Sorry, third-party. Not free.

What third party software is this?

-HTH Karthik.

Yes exactly like that.  What third party application are you using?

Hi - you can google: variphy.  You can ask for a free software eval to trial.

Thanks!

Bump!  I am curious on what software you are using!

martinbielik
Level 1
Level 1

There are lot of third party apps with such functionality. You can look at CDN search ...

Tiffany_Bryant
Level 1
Level 1

I used Variphy at my previous company. Great tool to report on inbound, outbound call history, and 911. Highly recommended to everyone

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: