Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CallManager MCS7816-I4-K9-CMC2

Heba Ghonamy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

1.   May I know how many IP phone can cisco CallManager MCS7816I4-K9-CMC2 Support?

2.   Does cisco CallManager MCS7816I4-K9-CMC2 Server Support third party telephone?

3.   What is the hardware requirement to upgrade from cisco CallManager 7.1 to cisco CallManager 9.x (ex. How many RAM should be installed)?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Heba,

for point 1, the cisco 7816I4 support up to 500 node

for point 2, MCS 7816I4 at the end of day it is an IBM server, you can install it with any supported OS

for point 3, MCS 7816I4 has by defaualt 2 GB Ram, you need to upgrade to 4 GB Ram to support call manager 9. for HDD it comes with 250 GB, there is no need to HDD upgrade

HTH

Anas

please rate if it is helpful

View solution in original post

Point 2 is not about whether you can install something else than Cisco SW on it, its about third party phones, and that has nothing to do with the HW you use. That depends on the CUCM version, but yes, you can.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Heba,

for point 1, the cisco 7816I4 support up to 500 node

for point 2, MCS 7816I4 at the end of day it is an IBM server, you can install it with any supported OS

for point 3, MCS 7816I4 has by defaualt 2 GB Ram, you need to upgrade to 4 GB Ram to support call manager 9. for HDD it comes with 250 GB, there is no need to HDD upgrade

HTH

Anas

please rate if it is helpful

Point 2 is not about whether you can install something else than Cisco SW on it, its about third party phones, and that has nothing to do with the HW you use. That depends on the CUCM version, but yes, you can.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you very much i really appreciate your effort

Thank you very much i really appreciate your effort But may you send me a document refer to cisco denote espicially the number of nodes for the required server