Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Communication Manager Cluster Licence Issue

Alexander Suhov
Level 1
Level 1

Dear forum participants,

In my network I have cucm 9.1.2 with the license for 180 phones. I plan to buy the server and CUCM 9 and to make a cluster. please, tell me, what else licenses I need to buy.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no longer a server node license, so nothing. It's important to understand that you actually have USER licenses, not device/phone licenses. The UCL/UWL license is consumed by an End User account based on the capabilities/products they are consuming. If you fail to properly associate a device to an end user it will consume a user license all on it's own. For many users who have more than one capability, this wastes licenses. For example, UWL Standard also entitles a customer to a CXN mailbox; however, if the phone isn't set with the correct Owner User ID that matches the alias of their mailbox, two licenses will be consumed instead of one.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6882/ps9156/product_solution_overview0900aecd806cc7a4.html

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no longer a server node license, so nothing. It's important to understand that you actually have USER licenses, not device/phone licenses. The UCL/UWL license is consumed by an End User account based on the capabilities/products they are consuming. If you fail to properly associate a device to an end user it will consume a user license all on it's own. For many users who have more than one capability, this wastes licenses. For example, UWL Standard also entitles a customer to a CXN mailbox; however, if the phone isn't set with the correct Owner User ID that matches the alias of their mailbox, two licenses will be consumed instead of one.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6882/ps9156/product_solution_overview0900aecd806cc7a4.html

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.