Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CP 8831 unregistered

techsmrdr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I currently have a phone that shows un registered under the phone configuration settings. The interesting part is the phone used to work fine previously. Any help will be appreciated. 

15 Replies 15

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you check what is being displayed on the phone screen? Verify the TFTP and callmanager group settings. Also check if there are other phones with same settings which are working fine. A packet capture from the phone would help to see where the problem is.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Thanks for the reply. I just tried a super copy of a working phone and the Registration now shows Rejected. 

I have different model of phone onsight and they are working fine. Its just the CP-8831 that is giving problems. 

If it shows rejected then search and delete any unassigned directory numbers with same DN as this phone. Also, check if sufficient licenses are available.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

unassigned DN deleted. Units remaining on my license is -40

Not exactly sure but it could be related to licensing. Try deleting a couple of phones that are not in use or were added incorrectly ( like any  IP communicators ) if possible and then see if the phone is able to register. Else, share a packet capture to get a better idea.

Manish

Thanks for your input,

The phone works when connected within the office LAN. Just when connected remotely the problem occurs. Also bearing in mind this phone used to work fine previously. 

In that case it looks to be a connectivity issue where some ports might be blocked between the phone and cucm. Are there are other phones using the same protocol which are working fine remotely in the same location as this phone?

Manish

yep i have other phone working in the same site. As mentioned before the phone used to work at this remote site. I am not sure what changed now.  

Get a pcap from the phone after resetting it.

Hi techsmrdr

May I know how you were able to resolve this issue for remote phone?

I have exact same issue and I have tried different phone firmware but 8831 would not register...Other 8961 register on this site..

TAC is now requesting for a packet capture.

hi, 

sorry no resolution yet. I just didnt get a chance to investigate further. I have recently deleted phone not in use so my licensing is back to normal. I will try this as mentioned by Manish and send feedback. 

Hello Tech

I got the same problem and solved upgrading the phone with newer firmware.

Regards Anna

Hi ciscoceci

May I know what firmware worked for you?

I have tried all firmware including ES release...Now CIsco TAC requesting for Packet capture.

Hello voice,

sip8831.10-3-1-16

Regards