Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CUCM 7.1.3 20000-2 image needed and upgrade to 8.6

vucha
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community,

We have Cisco MCS 7800 server which is 10 years old and started to malfunction so i want to do restore on another server but we don't have working CUCM 7.1.3 20000-2 image. As i see in order to do backup and restore image versions has to be the same. I want to avoid any upgrade on the server itself as i said sometimes malfunctions so i would not like to pressure it more :) Kindly if someone have this image please upload it. If someone has suggestions how to do restore on another server please share it. I hope someone can help with this issue and provide the image needed because i want to save the system and the licenses that we have. Thank you.

11 Replies 11

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If your ultimate goal it to upgrade to a version which is not EOS/EOL you can use PCD to migrate to 11.x or 12.x

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you Jaime. Can you share the link to download it because with my cisco account i am not able to get it. I can try this solution as you suggested. If i do migration with PCD will all my licenses and settings be kept? Thanks.

You need to use PUT to order CUCM 11.x or 12.x and you'll get PCD along with it, just as CUCM, bootable media is not available for download.

I'm assuming you have a valid contract to order the major upgrade, if not, you will need to buy it.

As to licensing, no, once again, assuming your contract entitles you to the major upgrades, licensing will assist in migrating the old DLUs into the new licensing model for the version you chose, as they're version specific.

Regarding the CUCM settings, yes, all the information will be migrated if you do a PCD migration.

HTH

java

No contract unfortunately. I know that the last resort is to buy it thats obvious :) I will keep looking and will buy it in the end if i dont find it. Maybe someone appears who has this :) Thanks anyway

I honestly see no other way, your plan to go to 8.6 means you're going to another EOS/EOL version, and if you are going to move to a new server, you would need to have licensing rehost those licenses for you, which they would not be able to do because:

A) the version is EOS/EOL

B) you do not have a contract that entitles you to major upgrades

Right now you want to be on either 11.5 or 12.5 which are the long term releases and are currently shipping.

I strongly suggest you find a local Cisco partner with UC specializations and approach them for assistance with this, and find out if there's any promo or way to assist you get up to date. As that version ran on MCS, you would also need to have UCS or 3rd party HW with ESXi 6.5U2 which has the fixes for several vulnerabilities. Additionally, you would need either PLM or Smart Licensing depending on the version you choose to go. Then make sure you do not have deprecated endpoints, etc.

HTH

java

Thanks Jamie. Upgrade is not priority now. The system works for us and i would just need an image so i can save it for another year until we get the finances for the new system. I understand that is really difficult to find it but i will keep looking. Thanks a lot for your help.

If you could find bootable media for a later version of 7.x then you could upgrade your existing server, for example to 7.1.5.  Then use that bootable media to install on your new hardware.  You may still have a licensing issue if the new server's MAC address can't be altered to match the original.

Thank you Tony. I guess we will buy a new one soon :)

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

If you don't have a support contract entitling you to upgrade, one option might be to clone the server to new hardware using one of the various cold cloning tools like Clonezilla.   If I remember correctly CUCM 7.x licences are keys to the MAC address of the server, so if you're moving to new hardware the licences would need to be rehosted.  Unless the new server is one where you can change the MAC address.   I'm not sure how much assistance you'd get from Cisco Licensing to rehost on an end of life system.

Tirtha Tripathy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

7.x images and 7.x bootable images are not available. You can try reaching out to Cisco Accounts who worked in the past as a last resort , just in case they might have a disc of that version.

Regards,

Tiurtha

Regards, Tirtha

Yeah tried that already and nobody has it :( i will keep looking

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: