cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CUE(unity express) card Port Limitation

Rajesh Kalra
Level 1
Level 1

We have a setup where there is a central site with CUCM 8.5 IPT cluster and and a remote site with 2X 3945E voice gateways and IP Phones.

At the remote site the customer wants to have a hotline IVR where he expects 50 concurrent calls at one time, so the customer has asked for 50 IVR ports and wants to use CUE as he worries about the WAN down situation as his IVR is critical.

CUE has a limitation of 32 ports.

Can somebody please advise, if we can some way bundle the two CUE modules(one on each voice gateway) for normal mode(in CUCM) and SRST mode, in order to use 50 CUE ports for 50 concurrent calls from PSTN.

I think it may be possible with special configurion in call manager and dial-peers in voice gateways theoritically.

Can anybody advise the solution to this scenario.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

First I'd check what 50 concurrent calls means. Is this 50 calls actively in progress, talking to Unity?

Or does he have 30 agents, and expect 20 calls on Unity and 30 on agents?

Once the call is transferred from the Unity IVR to an agent, it will likely not be consuming a Unity port anymore.

I'd test that out, and also consider the number of inbound channels available. E.g. if they have two E1s, = 60 channels, then work out how many people will be one the phone, and how much capacity CUE really needs to hold the other calls...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Yes the customer expects 50 calls in the Autoattendant IVr talking to unity. there are no agents this is not a contact centre scenarion. Autoattendant will play basic IVR, by pressing the various options the call will route to IP Phone extns.

CUE needs to have max 50 calls in the IVR at one time.

So what is the way we can configure CUCM(WAN up) and VGWs in sRST mode, in order to provide 50 concurrent sessions to incoming callers. there will be only single clal in number for the IVR.

Thanks

Hi

So it is an bit unusual in my experience. I've not seen more than one CUE in a router.

However - the integration to the router is basically:

- Physical - i.e. power/space

- Virtual interface for routing (the servicemodule IP interface) and an IP route pointing at it

- SIP Dial-peer pointing to the module

So really I can't see why you could not have more than one module... you would have multiple CUEs, each a unique SIP endpoint. You would have multiple dial-peers, and use preference to fail between them when the first CUE rejects the 51st connection.

This doc lists module support per platform, I note that some NMs list 'maximum of 1 in supported platforms', but CUE just lists 'tied to platform slot density' - this suggests there's no limit other than physical space.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!