Helpful
Replies

Cisco ELM DB service not running

AigarsKSYN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have following error:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[RTMT-ALERT-StandAloneCluster] CriticalServiceDown
Service operational status is DOWN.
Cisco ELM DB.
The alert is generated on Mon Jan 04 14:36:48 GMT 2016 on node 10.x.x.x

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am running CUCM: System version: 9.1.2.10000-28.

Issue started after servers was shut down and rebooted as per maintenance needed on virtual Host.

I have checked that Primary server which is hosting the Cisco Enterprise License Manager role can be accessed, logged in and browsed, all looks fine. But I keep receiving RTMT messages and am not able to start the service Cisco Unified Serviceability module, CLI command can be executed to start the service but it is stating [Starting] several times but in the end flips to Cisco ELM DB[NOTRUNNING]

I did manage to find posts advising that this is a bug and that service is actually running and the commands to troubleshoot this require root access to the OS of the server where CUCM is running and without using "hacks" it is not accepting them.

Is there anything else to be done?

Is it possible to disable notification generated by RTMT specific for this service?

Many thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

it seems we can not disable/delete preconfigured alerts.

About Alerts

The system generates alert messages to notify administrators when a predefined condition is met, such as when an activated service goes from up to down. Alerts can be sent out as email/epage.

RTMT, which supports alert defining, setting, and viewing, contains preconfigured and user-defined alerts. Although you can perform configuration tasks for both types, you cannot delete preconfigured alerts (whereas you can add and delete user-defined alerts).

refer the SRND for more on the same:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_0/english/rtmt/administration/guide/cuprtmt/rtconfal.html#pgfId-1284768

regards,

-Do rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi,

As you are aware its a BUG : https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCun77018/?reffering_site=dumpcr

You can contact Cisco TAC to get workaround performed, or you can upgrade your ccm to the fixed release mentioned in the defect.

You can try the below, if it disables the alert permanently.

To enable, disable, or remove an alert, perform one of the following tasks:

From the Alert Status window, right-click the alert and choose Disable/Enable Alert (option toggles) or Remove Alert, depending on what you want to accomplish.

Highlight the alert in the Alert Status window and choose System > Tools > Alert > Disable/Enable (or Remove) Alert.

regards,

-Do rate helpful posts.

Thanks venperum,

I was aware of the Bug, I had disabled the the alert for CriticalServiceDown in order to stop RTMT to generate messages. As I stated I was checking if there is a chance to disable alert for specific service and not for entire subsection of alerts.

We are due to upgrade CUCM so I can live with this for now.

Thanks.

Hi,

it seems we can not disable/delete preconfigured alerts.

About Alerts

The system generates alert messages to notify administrators when a predefined condition is met, such as when an activated service goes from up to down. Alerts can be sent out as email/epage.

RTMT, which supports alert defining, setting, and viewing, contains preconfigured and user-defined alerts. Although you can perform configuration tasks for both types, you cannot delete preconfigured alerts (whereas you can add and delete user-defined alerts).

refer the SRND for more on the same:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_0/english/rtmt/administration/guide/cuprtmt/rtconfal.html#pgfId-1284768

regards,

-Do rate helpful posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: