Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Emergency Responder 10.5 Cannot Add Subscriber

prittell1
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings All,

I am running Cisco Emergency Responder version 10.5.1.20000-3 and am trying to add the subscriber.  When I navigate to the System > Add Subscriber and try to insert the hostname of 3344-cer-02 a pop up box gives the error "Please enter valid host".  If I try to add the IP address I receive the same error; however, if I add a simple string with no spaces or special characters it will accept that as a hostname.  I am able to add cer or abcdefghijk as a hostname.  

cer-error.jpg

Has anyone else run into this? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

prittell1
Level 1
Level 1

It appears that the host name cannot begin with anything other than an alpha character.  It is listed in the documentation; therefore, 3344-cer-02 is not a valid host name.  The host name would have to be something like cer-3344-02.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

prittell1
Level 1
Level 1

It appears that the host name cannot begin with anything other than an alpha character.  It is listed in the documentation; therefore, 3344-cer-02 is not a valid host name.  The host name would have to be something like cer-3344-02.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: